Sunday 5 September 2010

About me

Lee Davies. Born May 1973


Project Engineer, wannabe mountaineer.

I'm married and have a fantastic daughter. We all live together near the Western edge of the Brecon Beacons National Park with our 2 cats, 2 dogs, 3 chickens and 2 chipmunks.
I was introduced to walking and the Brecon Beacons by Martyn Williams at the tender age of 16. Martyn was a school year older and already a member of Cwmtawe Search and Rescue Team, which has now sadly disbanded. I soon followed suit and stayed with them until 1996. I owe a lot to Martyn and 'the team' who all freely passed on their knowledge and skills but moreover, sparked the interest in mountains that is even more alive in me today than it was then.
My parents put up with a lot and used to drive me around at all hours to random locations to mountain bike or to drop me off to go walking. All of this they also funded, which wasn't easy and I really appreciate all they did for me then and the support we still receive from them today. Having a child of my own has made me realise the worry they went through then and even now when I come up with these silly ideas.
My likes

  • Motorbikes (Valentino is the G.O.A.T)
  • Mountain Biking
  • Walking/ Scrambling and occasionally a bit of caving
  • Anything outdoors and anything a little silly (Tough Guy, Survival of the Fittest events)
  • Photography - strictly amateur. There's a link up on the right (Lee's photostream)
  • Watching Rugby - Neath! Neath! Neath!

My dislikes
  • My inability to speak Welsh (for shame on me)
  • SLOW DRIVERS!!! Arrrgghh
  • Football

Contact me:  fatty.davies@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment